MapleStory is an online destination for friends to collect by mmotank (General)

submitted by Mmoak2018 to /forum/general

Like many latest massively-multiplayer role-playing games coming from Asia such as Blade and Soul or Twin Saga, MapleStory 2 has beautiful images, an overwrought storyline about saving the universe from evil, and distinct classes to play. Familiar characters are redrawn to be enticing and cute in three dimensions. The sequel also takes away the first game's gender-locked classes and limited choice of appearances from the character development page. (If you chose to play a demon slayer in the first, you'd need to spend real money or searching to get a beauty voucher in the event that you wanted to remove the character's natural grey skin and reddish eyes.) I opted to make a warrior-type Berserker, a dude with a fairly angry and competitive backstory, but I managed to personalize his look to be feminine and use pink curls and multi-colored eyes.

The game emphasizes customization and individuality over conventional defaults. It has an obsession with asking if you would like to screenshot any component of the game, and it automatically saves screenshots at a designated folder into your computer. Perhaps the biggest indication of the match's ambitions is you finally get your own house. I never noticed this while playing the first game, but old Maplers are essentially nomads. MapleStory 2 fixes this issue by providing you a big old home so you can craft your own little corner of this match.

Despite the change to 3D, MapleStory 2 smartly retains key elements of this match and storytelling that made the first so distinctive. Certain cities such as the mushroom-filled, cheery huts of Henesys, and the cool, urban burglar hideout that's Kerning City, are kept and their theme music plays when you enter, bringing a solid sense of nostalgia. The narrative has developed and included dozens of new characters, but the core of the tale is still the same: it is the wicked Dark Mage versus the beautiful goddess. The ever-popular burglar class is still accessible and therefore are wizard, knight, priest, archer, deep gunner, and assassin. Some less-welcome elements of the original are still in-place, such as the notoriously glitchy Nexon game launcher.

Still, once you're at the sport, a lot can be forgiven, given how it's the community that actually makes the experience fun. At its heart MapleStory is an online destination for friends to collect, much like Club Penguin or even Neopets. I unexpectedly met my current boyfriend of nearly three years during MapleStory when an idle summer drew us both back into the match, and have fulfilled several Maple friends in real life from throughout the nation. We keep in touch, even though none of us play with the older game. The people of MapleStory 2 seem nice enough for now. When I died and got pinned by a tombstone, I typed in chat for help, and someone actually walked over and revived me before telling me he hadn't helped me sooner because he thought I was an non-playable personality as a result of my suspiciously easy username.

More news from https://www.mmotank.com/Maplestory-2-Mesos.html

all comments