Aircraft line-up time unrealistic? (ATC-SIM)

submitted by AndrewUK to /forum/atc-sim

Hi Jay,

I don't want to distract you from ATC-SIM 2 development, but I noticed the line-up times from the holding point (when issuing an aircraft a line-up and wait or takeoff clearance) are very short.

It seems to take between 8 and 20 seconds (there is some randomness which is nice) for a line-up to occur in the sim, however as an A320 pilot I can say from experience that it actually takes around 40-45 seconds from a typical holding point to achieve the lined-up position on a runway, from clearance being issued.

Even with an expedite or 'be ready immediate' instruction, it would still take at least 30 seconds I think.

Not sure if it's a simple change but it would make the sim more realistic. Thanks for considering.

all comments

jlrwi 0 points

Andrew - since you are a pilot maybe you could address another timing issue. How long does it typically take after ATC issues an in-flight clearance before the flight crew begin executing the change?

AndrewUK 0 points

I would say 2 to 5 seconds after the clearance is issued.

BLUNOSE 0 points

also, we need more pretzels back in the cabin

cjfleury 0 points

Also how about divergent takeoff headings without penalties?

For example PHX and ATL just shoot the aircraft out on divergent headings, telling crews to keep the proceeding traffic in sight.

cjfleury 0 points

Also how about divergent takeoff headings without penalties?

For example PHX and ATL just shoot the aircraft out on divergent headings, telling crews to keep the proceeding traffic in sight.